Frequently Asked Questions


Q: How can I contact the Winnipeg Free Press?

For more information, visit our "Contact Us" page.

Q: Why do I need to register my account?

Once you have registered your account, you are able manage your subscription securely at your convenience.

Q: Which areas of my account can I manage online?

You can do the following services online:
  • Review activity on your account
  • Report a service issue
  • Suspend and restart delivery of your newspaper
  • Donate to the Newspaper in Education Program
  • Make one-time or continuous credit card payment
  • Start a new subscription or restart an old stopped subscription

Q: What if I forget my password?

If you forget your password, please use the "Forgot Password?" link on the Login page.

Q: How do I change my password?

Login at, click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the page, then select "Change Password". From there you will be required to enter your old password before selecting a new one.

Q: Whom do I contact if I discover that there is a problem with your Web site?

If you experience a problem navigating our site, please email us at and describe in as much detail as possible, including the steps you take leading up to it, and the exact text of any error message that you receive. The information you provide will help us to find a solution more quickly. For your security please do not include your password in the email.

Digital Subscription

Q: How can I purchase a digital subscription?

At the top right corner of you will see the "Subscribe" option that will allow you to purchase a subscription. For an All Access Digital subscription with a Saturday home delivery, select "All Access Digital & Sat print". If you would prefer to not receive the Saturday home delivery, choose "Winnipeg Free Press" and select a delivery method of "Online".

Q: How do I change my digital subscription?

Once you have logged in to, you will be able to select "Manage My Subscription" from under the gear icon.

Q: How do I cancel my digital subscription?

In order to cancel your digital subscription, please call our Customer Support team at 204-697-7000.

Print Subscription

Q: If I go on vacation and wish to temporarily suspend my newspaper, will my account be credited?

If you notify us in advance, we will suspend delivery, and credit your billing period for the time you are away. Proceed to "Delivery Options", then to "Vacation Holds" to notify us of your vacation and to stop and restart home delivery. In most cases, suspensions can take effect in two days or less from the date you make the request. If you prefer, you can donate your vacation copies to students, through our Newspaper in Education program. You will be billed as usual for the period. To donate your vacation copies, proceed to "Vacation Holds" and choose the NIE donation option.

Q: What should I do if my newspaper does not arrive or if sections are missing?

Log in and proceed to "Delivery Options" then to "Delivery Feedback" if your newspaper or paper sections have not arrived by the delivery time (6:30 A.M. Monday through Friday; 7:30 A.M. on Saturdays). In most areas, if we receive your request before 10:00 A.M. we can redeliver another paper or the missing sections to you the same day. If you would like a redelivery, call us at 204-697-7001. Otherwise, we will apply a credit to your account. Only credits for the same day can be obtained on this site. Credits for missing deliveries for previous days must be requested from a customer service representative or by e-mail us at our Customer Service Department. Be sure to include your name, delivery address, and home phone number in your e-mail, and the words MISSED PAPER CREDIT in the subject line. To receive an account extension for a missed delivery from a previous day you must contact the Customer Service department by calling 204-697-7001 or by email at Customer Service.

Q: Is it necessary to call to restart my subscription after it has been temporarily suspended?

If you provide a restart date when you suspend delivery you do not need to call again to restart your delivery. However, if the restart date has changed, or was not provided when the account was suspended, you will need to speak to a customer service representative at 204-697-7001.